Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Matched

Since I started med school, I only had eyes on one internship program: the DOH-PCSC program based in East Avenue. But when they said that they'll only be taking in top 20 students from medical schools across the country, I knew my chances were slim.

I did my research on how to get in despite not being in the top 20. "They" said I should walk in, "they" said I should try and get matched during the 3rd matching. But duties during clerkship wore me down that I was too tired to be competitive. I found myself matched to another hospital during the 2nd matching.

I gave up all hope until my cousin called me and asked if I really wanted a slot. I said yes. He gave me specific instructions on what to do next, and when.

After endless pep talks (kaya mo yan, Noah!!), a car that won't start, and exam made in the depths of hell somehow I nailed that final interview. Now here we are. It's official.




QMMC, I love you. Someday, I might find myself back in your embrace. But for now, I will have to go with my "other" hospital. 

Here's to new adventures, new friends, new environment. Here's to my Emerald City. Let's go, Toto. It's time to meet the wizard.





No comments:

Post a Comment